Saturday, October 6, 2007

Safety my ass!!!

The other morning I was about to break down. I was trying to clean my bathrooms and my son would NOT stop getting into the pantry. It has one of those accordion doors, so its easy for him to open. He would get out the cereal box and go to the couch, in the process of eating it, he was getting it every where. So, today, well, Friday, I went to The Home Depot and bought one of those door lock that is position on top of the door, between the track and door over the bendy party. Well thank the lord it was only about 3.00 because its a piece of shit. One good hard yank, and the door opens right up! Couldn't believe it. Stupid cheap ass baby shit!!! uugghh

You know, they make all this child safety stuff that is supposed to protect the child from getting hurt, and all it is is a pain in the ass for parents. BABY GATES...Do you know HOW many times I have fallen on my face from having to step over those. I'm not that tall, and my legs are short. But if you get the ones with the swinging door, you paying an arm and a leg. Go figure..
CABINET LOCKS...I have the magnetic ones that drill into your cabinets and you hold the magnet on the outside and it unlocks. 25.00 for 4 locks. I have 11 Cabinets. And heaven forbid that I should need to get something out of the cabinet, I'm shit out of luck..OUTLET COVERS...There great, keeps child fingers and objects out.Love it...However, time to Vacuum and can't get the damn thing off to plug in the vacuum. So much for a clean carpet. CAR SEATS..Protects child in car, HAH. My child has found a way to get OUT of his car seat without undoing the buckle. And yes, I do have it tight enough..Easy for child to find way out and prevents parent from keeping him in.

What good are all these things. I mean really. There supposed to protect our children yet, THEY SUCK. Either don't work right or there parent retardant.....

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ok, I know that you said that it is only $3 but you should return that thing to Home Depot and complain! I freaking hate it when things don't work and they are supposed to make your life easier and on top of that Home Depot is supposed to be one of the best places to buy stuff like that! That is really crazy about all those products!
As for the child seat thing, that totally sucks but my nephew has figured out how to do the same thing too. It drives my sister batty, and what can you do about it really? I mean unless you watch him every second of the car ride there isn't really anything to prevent it. And well let's face it unless you have someone else in the car with you the whole watching him the whole time thing just is not going to happen.

Not a Granny said...

Oh poor baby! I guess it is time for grandma to bring over the duct tape? It is about the only thing I found that kept you two out of stuff! LOL

Camie said...

Elizabeth..it freaks me out when he does that in the car.Its so not safe..
Not a Granny..you can bring the duct tape as long as you stay with him while its in use!!