Thursday, October 18, 2007

Food for thought

Now, I am taking Psychology 101 and Social problems class. The Psychology class is an Internet course which I can honestly say I have only read 1 chapter out of the entire book. Its so boring, that I can seem to retain any of the information that I am Reading. But, I have to take all these Psych classes for my degree. Now the social problems class, I am taking with a bunch of kids right out of high school. And let me tell you. There opinions on social problems and my opinions are way off. Half the time I sit and keep my mouth shut, because I know if I open, I will piss people off. On week, we were discussing racism. Now, I am by no means, racist. I am however, prejudice against, stupid, ignorant, self-absorbed, pity partying fuckers!!!! Does not matter what color, religion, nationality you are.
So of course, the question was asked, "do you feel that nationalities that were discriminated against or treated badly still deserve the receive the benefits that they still receive today"
WOW.. So I answered. "NO" I think times have changed, and for the most part so has the majority of the population. Indians are not FORCED to live on reservations anymore, black people are not forced to ride on the back of the bus or drink out of different water fountains..and all the other stuff that I'm not going to put down....
Well, I feel, AND AGAIN THIS IS MY OPINION. That these horrible things did happen and thank god that there pretty much absolved, and I really feel that the(not saying which nationality or color, but you can probably guess)make there own problems for themselves know. It is no longer the WHITE MANS fault that they are living in poverty, because so do white people. IT is no longer the WHITE MANS fault that they do not have the same types of jobs as some white people, because there are white people who do not as well. I say you get over, and get on with the times.
If my white son and your (different nationality child) both apply for the same job, and my child gets the job, then the employer is racist, however, if your child gets the job and my child doesn't, then you say yours is better qualified.
And of course, you should have seen the looks and stares and frowns that I got from different nationality kids in my class. If looks could kill, Id be dead 5times over..
I say "get over your self"

3 comments:

Not a Granny said...

Good Points! I think the majority of people would agree, they are just afraid to say anything.

Camie said...

Right on mom!!!

Elizabeth said...

Ha. You are so right get with the times people!!!! It is not like that anymore and the only problems are the ones we create!!!
People need to stop being so whiny and deal with other things that are real issues come on.
:-)
I wouldn't worry about those people in class they just need to grow up.
Some people are very narrow minded.