Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Lookie what i found....

Well, I know its a little early to be thinking about Christmas decorating, but, now that its getting closer to Christmas, and I have to new house, I find myself thinking about it alot. Not that I have a whole lot of money to spend on Christmas decorating, but anyways.
So, I get this email subscription to Create and Barrel and I absolutely love looking at their products. And after looking through their Christmas stuff, I found an ornament that I thought I would NEVER find. Let me back up
.
Every year for as long as I can remember, my parents and my brother and I would decorate the tree together. We all had our own specific ornaments that we hung on the tree, then we would hand the rest together. After we were done,
Mom and Dad would hang this particular ornament, then my brother and I would have to search the tree until we found it. Nothing special, just something we always did. And to this day, every Christmas, after they put up there tree, I go over and search for this ornament.
Well, I found this particular ornament, and I'm going to buy this ornament and pass this tradition on in may family. But the real point of this post, is that I never thought I would find this ornament. Picture is below.....


Yes, it is a Pickle. I have no idea where my parents found this ornament, but I, thier wonderful daughter, I found another, and I am going to carry on this silly but wonderful tradion of locating the pickle!!!

4 comments:

Not a Granny said...

OMG! You found one!

The tradition started in NC when I was working at Belk. It is originally a German tradition I beleive.

Camie said...

Oh, its so xool. I was so amazed that I actually found one!!

Elizabeth said...

Ok, I was about to be like what is that but you helped me out there! Very interesting..........
You will have to take a picture of your whole tree now and show me when it is up.
I don't have a lot of money to spend on decorating either but I am a firm believer in less is more so I like to do a litte and then the tree of course.
:-)
Oh and just between you and me it is never too soon to think about Christmas-last night I went in Wal-Mart and they were already playing Christmas music. Uh ha that is right I said Christmas music in Wal-Mart........

Camie said...

Elizabeth, I will def. put up a pic of the tree and I'll even pin point the pickle. lol. I know, I almost want to put christmas music on my radio at home, but the hubby would def. laugh at me!