Tuesday, November 6, 2007

AHHH!!!

OK, so I am taking this Internet Psychology 101 class through my college. Which was a mistake to begin with, I have no idea what possessed me to take an Internet course instead of regular class. Maybe it was saving money that I didn't have to put out for extra child care. Well, then I guess this is what I get for being cheap.
We have this Gorden Rule writing requirement that has to be met in order to pass specific classes at college. I had a Research and Respond Paper due at the begging of the month, which I was very proud of. Did it on Gender and Sexuality. Anyways, your supposed to submit it in the drop box before the due date. So, when I finished this assignment, I was totally stoked and turned it in early. Well, the teacher did not receive my paper. Now, let me clarify on the Gorden Rule writing requirement. Even if you pass every assignment and test with an A, and you do not score at least a 60% on the writing requirement, you fail the class. So, now my dilemma, if my teacher does not have this paper, I fail the class. Which, CAN NOT HAPPEN. So I send email after email, explaining that I did indeed turn in this assignment. I finally got a response back today, that "I could turn the paper in for her to read"...Now, what exactly does that mean? Is she going to read it and grade it, is she going to mark off a letter grade for being late, or is she JUST going to read the paper? I have no clue. But what I do know is that
I am FREAKING out because I have no idea if I am going to pass or fail this class. ugh....

3 comments:

Not a Granny said...

Turn it in and see what happens!

Camie said...

Already did...

Elizabeth said...

Ok, this has totally happened to me! Here is what that means-it means that she will grade it for but not nec. for full credit but not half credit either. What happened that she couldn't see it from the dropbox? Cause it documents when you turn it in and everything so there shouldn't be any problems???
Online school is tough but I have been doing it for a while and once you get the hang of things it really isn't bad at all.
:-)