Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wonderfull...

It was about mid-afternoon when I received the phone call from my 4 yr olds pediatrician calling to inform me of my sons blood work results. Oh, let me back up. Jorden, my son, has had issues poop training ass well as allergy issues. Doc put him on some allergy meds that would help with the constant sneezing, running/stuffy nose. She also put him on some heavy duty over the counter stool softeners to help him poop.. As far as everything else goes, life went on as normal.(back to blood results)
He is allergic to milk, egg whites, and shrimp.. Ok, so no shrimp, that's fine, he doesn't like them anyways.. But milk and egg whites!!!:( Im a HUGE Paula Dean Fan.. ) BUTTER BUTTER BUTTER ) Im screwed.. I start doing some research to find out that just about everything I buy or make, has milk and eggs in the ingredients... The egg whites can also cause histamine reactions in people( which explains the allergy issues) and the milk protein can cause constipation getting more sever with prolonged use ( this now explains the poop issue) So, on my day off today, I hit the supermarket.. I half gallon of Almond milk $3.99, 1 small tub of Earth Balance butter $3.49... Did you know that there is milk proteins in half the things that most of us eat on a daily bases... So, now my son is being put on a vegan dairy/egg diet...
Thank goodness I have met a vegan of I would have NO IDEA what to give my son in place off all the yummy things he can no longer have.. Next week, Im hitting this store in Tampa (Whole Foods) which should provide me with more options on dairy for him...

2 comments:

Kristie @ Use Your Noodle said...

hmm I really don't even use butter anymore, period. it kinda grosses me out--like mayonnaise haha

Kristie @ Use Your Noodle said...

oh check this out, i have this cookbook. http://veganyumyum.com/favorites/