Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wake Up....

"You shouldn't be telling our problems to your friends"! I guess I just don't grasp this statement. About 8 years ago, hubby tried something along that line and I immediately told him he will never tell me who I can and cant talk to about what I want to talk to them about. And so, the subject has never come up again.. I was recently told this morning while speaking with a very good friend, that she should not be talking to me about whats going on.. Now, here is my problem.. The guy is new in her life where-as I have been there for about 6 years. She happens to be going through allot in her life right now and it happens to be rolling over into her relationship. So, who should she talk to about what she is going through? Nobody?? I understand that somethings are not everybodys business, and I understand that guys generally don't talk to other guys like we talk to other girls, but come on. How many times in 1 week do I need to hear this statement from multiple people.
This is probably why women tend to be more "well rounded" then men. Its strange how many instances in which that statement occurs.. And how relationships tend to fight over it. Thankfully my hubby sucked it up and has dealt with it for 8 years..And that probably why my relationship with my friends is never strained. They don't have to hide from the hubby and hubby doesn't care if I need to venting partner..lol Love ya babe

No comments: