Wednesday, February 6, 2008

OMG! Husbands SUCK sometimes!!

So, I did our taxes on H & R Block the other day. Was really excited because this would be the first and only year that we would ever get a significant amount of money back. We would also be able to write off the addoption expenses for our son. Well, I get this notice in my e-mail today that the information on our son did not match up with what the IRS has. That I needed to call either them or Social Security. So, I tried to call them, 3 different times, stupid automated thingy kept giving me the run around. So I call SSA. To find out that I have yet to change my sons name with the SS office. Well, nobody told me that I had to do that. How was I supposed to know. The lawyer we used did everything concering his birth certificate, I gues I just assumed that she had taken care of everything that needed to be done. She never told us that we would need to change the name with SS. BUT, that is not the problem, the problem is, when my husband found out that I didn't have a SS card for our son, he freeked out and started this big huge argument. And I said to him"Whats he gonna do with it, try to get a job!" I have his SS number, the name just has yet to be changed. Nothing that can't be resolved with a trip to the SS office. He just went on and on. Couldn't beleive we were arguing over that. Was amazed. So I aksed him, that if having a SS card for our son was such a big deal, why didn't he get it taken care of or ask about it sooner. Ofcourse, his dumb ass had no reply to that. "Well, I just assumed you had done it." So, yes I replyed, (and you know what I said) YOu know what they say about people who assume!! Jack ass. As you can tell, im still pissed at him over that.

5 comments:

Not a Granny said...

"what's he going to do with it? Get a job?"

That's funny!!

Anonymous said...

I too was laughing at the what's he going to do get a job. I would of asked him why didn't he do it too.

Camie said...

Not a granny..haha.

Rose.. I did ask! He didn't have an answer. What r'ya goin' to do!! lol

Elizabeth said...

Ha. You know how men are sometimes! You just have to blow it off sometimes...
PS I hate the IRS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.